The modern garage building to be occupied by the Overland- Greenwood Company will be ready for occupancy on tomorrow. This building is the only automobile sales and display structure in the state. It is a single story affair, with the sales and show rooms occupying the front portion and the service department in the rear of the house. A solid plate glass front is run along Howard Street, where the building is of a 65 foot front, then to the rear along the addition to Carrollton Avenue. It is a modern structure in every respect.
With the completion of this building, the territory of the local agency is also extended to several adjacent counties, it is understood.
From The Commonwealth, March 6, 1918
G. M. McDavid of Memphis, and W. R. Moore of Cleveland, composing the Moore-McDavid Company have secured the Buick agency for the Greenwood territory and will open for the service of patrons on August 1.
The new firm will be located in the quarters formerly occupied by the Schilling Auto Company on Howard Street.
Associated with the firm will be Mr. C. D. Moore, an automobile man of long experience. Both members of the new firm are experienced automobile men, Mr. McDavid having been, for a number of years, connected with Buick companies of Memphis, and Mr. W. R. Moore with the agency at Cleveland.
The opening day, August 1, the public will be invited to attend one of the most splendid exhibits of automobiles ever seen in Greenwood, when a full line of Buicks may be seen in the display rooms of the firm.
From The Greenwood Daily Commonwealth, July 28, 1925
The Yazoo Motor Company, Chrysler dealer in this territory, has moved from the building on Fulton Street, formerly occupied by the Barber Motor Company, to the building on Howard Street, next to the Greenwood Fire Department's No. 1 station.
The Yazoo Motor Company moved into the new home last week. The building that is now housing the Chrysler Agency for Greenwood is the former home of the Buick. Moore & McDavid occupied the building on Howard until they constructed a new home of their own at the corner of Church and Lamar streets.
In the new home of the Chrysler, more space is available for the display of the new cars. The show room has been all redecorated and refinished throughout. The shop of the building has been reworked, too, and the building has been made almost like new for the Chrysler people. New paint has been applied to the outside, also.
The Chrysler Agency has on display at their place on Howard street three new models of this popular automobile, the "66", "70", "77". These new cars can be shown to the very best advantage in the newly overhauled building.
The shop of this new place will better enable the mechanic to give the best of service. A complete service department is maintained for the repairing of these cars and new machinery and tools have been added to the already modern equipment.
Plenty of storage space is also provided in the new home of Chrysler.
From The Greenwood Commonwealth, August 13, 1929