Kimbrough Auto Company
Kimbrough Auto Company
The Kimbrough Auto Company has moved into the building across the street from the Bank of Commerce and formerly occupied by the Baird Auto Company. They have much more room than down at the old stand and will carry a larger and more complete line of automobile accessories. They will incorporate the business just as soon as they can get their charter ready and approved and will be fully prepared to care for any kind of auto work, whether large or small. From a small beginning two years ago, the Kimbrough Auto Company is fast becoming one of the largest automobile businesses in the state. They have ample storage room and first class workmen and are prepared to overhaul your old car and turn it out almost as good as new or mend a broken bolt or spring, as well as furnish you with anything you may need in the automobile line.
From The Greenwood Enterprise, August 7, 1914
Mr. Shelby Steele yesterday closed a deal with Mr. O. L. Kimbrough for the purchase of the brick building formerly occupied by the Kimbrough Auto Co. on West Market Street. Mr. Steele expects to make extensive improvements on the building, enlarging same. It will be occupied by the Auto Sales Co.
From The Commonwealth, April 23, 1919
A deal was consummated Tuesday whereby Mr. J. D. Lanham became owner of the two buildings just west of his plumbing store on Market St., which were owned by Mr. Shelby Steele. The building are now occupied by the Delta Insurance Agency and the Auto Sales Co. The two structures were sold for $15,000.
Mr. Lanham will use both buildings for stock display and office rooms for his plumbing business. An archway will be cut between his present building and the adjoining structures so that all three will be connected. A new front will be erected in the building, which he is now occupying and a number of improvements and changes will be made in the structures. He will be given possession of the building on September 15.
Mr. Shelby Steele expects to erect an office building within the near future, which will be occupied by the Delta Insurance Agency.
From The Commonwealth, July 9, 1919
The Daily Commonwealth will on September 1st, 1920, move into its large building, No. 209 West Market Street, now occupied by the H. D. Walker Auto Company, where more commodious quarters will be afforded in handing the different departments of our newspaper and job printing business.
The new home of the paper is 30x100 feet, giving ample room in which to furnish our patrons a larger and better newspaper and give proper attention to all classes of job printing.
The necessary additional machinery will be added to our present plant to make it one of the most up-to-date printing establishments in the State, and in the meantime we shall continue to give the public the best service possible in out limited quarters until we move into our larger building Sept. 1st, when the service will be much improved.
The entire present Commonwealth Building has been leased for a term of years to The Delta Insurance & Realty Agency, and that progressive company will move into same on Sept. 1st.
Mr. Shelby Steele, President of the Agency, will have the building, upstairs and down, thoroughly remodeled and furnished throughout in a manner that will make it one of the most modern and up-to-date insurance and realty offices in Mississippi.
From The Commonwealth, April 28, 1920