Moore & McDavid, Buick dealers in this city, have acquired the property of H. G. Kitchell, at the corner of Church and Lamar Streets. The property includes the present residence of Mr. Kitchell, fronting on Lamar Street and embraces approximately a quarter of a block.
The company announces that it acquired the property for the purpose of erecting an adequate building for their business, but desire to correct reports emanating after the transaction that they will erect a filling station on the site.
From The Greenwood Commonwealth, February 28, 1928
Moore & McDavid, automobile dealers, let the contract this morning for the construction of the new home of the Moore & McDavid Auto Company to S. G. Beaman, local contractor.
Construction work will begin immediately and the building is expected to be completed in a short time. The new building, which will be a one story brick structure, will be located on the corner of Church and Lamar streets. The building will be 100 x 150 ½ feet. According to R. J. Moor, architect, the building will be a model auto sales building. The display rooms will be modernly equipped with every convenience. Concrete floors will be laid throughout and a most attractive face brick will be used.
Moore & McDavid have not spared in the cost of the building and the structure is expected to be one of the most attractive buildings in the city. The owners of the new building expect to be in their new home in a short time and ready for business. Mr. Beaman will begin work on the building as soon as materials can be put on the lot.
From The Greenwood Commonwealth, March 23, 1929