Mr. C. E. Wright, one of our most progressive businessmen, who has implicit faith in the bright future of Greenwood, has let the contract for the erection of an up-to-date ice cream factory.
This ice cream factory will be erected in the large ice factory on Fulton Street, and will be operated by the C. E. Wright Ice & Coal Co.
Quite a handsome sum will be expended in making this outfit one of the most up-to-date. With low freight rates and excellent transportation facilities, Mr. Wright will be able to furnish all the adjoining cities with cream during the coming summer. We wish the new venture much success.
From The Commonwealth, January 28, 1910
The ice cream factory that has recently been erected in connection with the ice plant of C. E. Wright Ice and Coal Co. in this city has begun operation and is already enjoying a lucrative patronage.
Enjoying good rates, this factory is enabled to supply to whole territory with the finest quality ice cream at cheaper prices and better services than the largest markets. They ask a trial in order to convince you of the superior quality of their ices.
Experienced men have been engaged in the factory and the quality of work they turn out needs little improvement. When you go to the soda fountain next week, ask for Wright's cream and patronize a Greenwood product.
From The Commonwealth, May 27, 1910
In the C. E. Wright Ice Cream, Creamery, Butter, and Bottled Drinks Factory, Greenwood has an establishment of which she is justly proud.
For a number of years this staunch firm had a small bottling works only, until the ice cream factory was added last year. This received such a patronage as to justify the plant in adding a branch to manufacture creamery butter.
The best milk to be had in this country is supplied to this factory, and their creamery products are the best to be had on the market.
Every grocery man in the county and adjacent territory should liberally patronize this progressive industry.
From The Commonwealth, November 18, 1910
The Greenwood Light and Water Plant last night authorized the purchase of the property known as the old ice factory property on Fulton Street from the Mississippi Power & Light Company. The consideration is said to be $17,500.
Purchase of the property was made to provide room for expansion in the light plant when necessary.
The old ice factory buildings were erected by the late C. E. Wright and the property was sold by Frank A. Wright to the Mississippi Power & Light Company. Use as an ice plant was abandoned several years ago and since that time the buildings have been used by the Mississippi Power & Light Company for offices and store rooms.
From The Greenwood Commonwealth, October 26, 1939
That the public street through Block 18 of the Henry Addition, formally known as Carrollton Avenue Extended, between the western boundary of Fulton Street and the eastern boundary of Cotton Street in the City of Greenwood, Leflore County, Mississippi, be named, known and designated as "Wright Place" and appropriate markers are authorized to be placed thereon.
Passed and approved, this September 5, 1940.
S. R. KEESLER Mayor
From The Greenwood Commonwealth, September 16,1940