Mr. H. G. Kitchell has presented Greenwood Masonic Lodge a
compass and square, made of iron taken from the wreck of the Star of the West.
They are highly prized by the members of the Lodge.
From The Greenwood Enterprise, March 11, 1898
Delta Machine Works Building New Plant
Work on the building soon to be occupied by the Delta
Machine Works on lower Henderson Street is progressing rapidly and the
building will be ready for occupancy at an early date. Two other buildings
are to be erected at the plant and if completed before the rush of fall
business, will be moved as soon as the buildings are ready, otherwise moving
will be postponed until next spring.
Mr. Kitchell plans the erection of a business block on the
site of the present machine shops at the corner of Walthall Street and